How to Apply
The teaching profession looks for the highest quality candidates, so you'll need to meet the following requirements before you can be accepted for teacher training.
- You'll need to hold an undergraduate degree awarded by a UK higher education provider or a recognised equivalent qualification.
- You’ll need to have achieved a standard equivalent to grade C/4 or above in the GCSE examinations in English and Mathematics (or grade B or above if you're applying in Wales).
- If you intend to train to teach pupils aged 3-11 (Early Years and primary), you must also have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C/4 or above in a GCSE science subject examination.
Requirements in Scotland are different – check Teach in Scotland for more details. If you studied outside the UK check National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are of an equivalent level to UK GCSEs, A levels and an undergraduate degree.
- In England you'll also need to have passed the professional skills tests.
- If you have non-UK qualifications, you will need a Statement of Comparability from NARIC, the national agency for providing information and advice on worldwide qualifications. This can take some time so you are advised to start the process before you submit your application.
Check – some training programmes have many more applications than places available, so their requirements might be higher.
As a school direct provider our training courses are listed under both our name and also the name of the lead school. You will need to register with the site before searching for a course. Any questions please call our office on 01462 817445.
We are also happy to consider direct applications for an initial shortlisting process. Therefore if you would be interested in applying to us please click here for our Application Form.
Robert Bloomfield Academy - UCAS institution code 1CV - Primary Salaried route 2CYJ and Primary Tuition Fee route 2CYH
INSPIRIT St Thomas More Catholic Teaching School - UCAS institution code 1T2 - Primary Salaried route 2CXJ and Primary Tuition Fee route 2CXH
There are different codes for all of the Secondary subjects - you can browse through these on the Department for Education's website by either location, training provider (remember we are 3 different names - Robert Bloomfield Academy, INSPIRIT St Thomas More and The Bedfordshire Schools' Training Partnership!) or subject - click here to explore!
Any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call - it can be very confusing!! :)